Last updated October 16th 2018
The Website is not intended for children (those aged 13 and under) and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
- What information do we collect?
- How is your personal data collected?
- How and why do we use / share your information?
- How long do we keep your information for?
- Your Rights
What information do we collect?
What is personal data?
Data we collect from you
Depending on how you interact with us, VoitWorks will collect the following from you:
- Identity Data: Name, title
- Company Data: Name and location
- Contact Data: E-mail address, postal address, telephone number; and mobile number
- Technical Data: includes IP address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website.
- Usage Data: includes information about how you use our Website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Updating your information
If you want to update the information you have previously given to us (e.g. if you have recently moved office or changed your email address), you can contact VoitWorks at: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 9492635362 from the USA or toll free on 833 VOITWORKS from USA & Canada.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity and Contact Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, e-mail, chatbot or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- submit a form to receive an office search report;
- provide details to arrange a property viewing;
- provide your details to receive offers and updates and other marketing material from us;
- give us feedback.
- Automated technologies or interaction. As you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies. Please see the section on cookies for further details.
- Third parties. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
- Technical Data from analytical providers, such as Google based outside the EU.
- Identity and Contact Data from our business partners (e.g. OfficeFreedom).
How and why do we use/share your information?
Collecting your information
Where we collect your personal data we may use that information to:
- Operate the service and send you information you request on the Website
- Generate aggregated statistics about our Website visitors and users of the service
- Collect broad demographic information for aggregated use
- Improve the content of our web pages
- Administer this Website
- Customize the service we provide to you
- Handle enquiries submitted to us by you
- Send you our newsletter and information about products and services that may interest you, if you have agreed to us doing so. This may be by email. If at any time you do not wish to continue to receive these details then contact us using these details: email@example.com
Why is VoitWorks allowed to use your information in this way?
VoitWorks will only use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Where we have your consent as a legal basis for processing to send you any direct marketing from us or third parties via e-mail. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharing your information
Depending on how and why you provide us with your personal data. We may share it in the following ways:
- We may analyze and disclose aggregated statistics about our Website visitors and users of our service in order to describe our services to prospective partners and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
- We may disclose personal data if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of the Website or its visitors.
- We may share data which you submit or generate in the course of using the online office search tool with our partners and with other users of our website more generally, if we have first obtained your prior consent to do so.
- If we have first obtained your consent to do so, VoitWorks may share your information with our trusted partners so that they can provide information to you about office spaces that may interest you. This may be by email, telephone or direct mail. If at any time you do not wish us to share your information in this way, then you can opt out any time by contacting VoitWorks at email@example.com.
We may use third party service providers to undertake processing operations on our behalf, and this may require us to share your personal data with them. These service providers provide us with a variety of administrative, statistical, and technical services. We will only provide service providers with the minimum amount of personal data they need to fulfil the services we request, and we stipulate that they protect this information and do not use it for any other purpose.
Links to third party sites
How long do we keep your information for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirement.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see ‘below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Data storage and security
VoitWorks takes the protection of your information very seriously. We use encryption (SSL) to protect your personal data when appropriate, and all the information provided to VoitWorks is stored securely once we receive it.
VoitWorks may store your personal data on secure servers either on our premises or in secure third-party data centers.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the ‘lifetime’ of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs. By lifespan, a cookie is either a:
- Session cookie. Temporary cookie that remains in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the website.
- Persistent cookie. This remains in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
As for the domain to which it belongs, there are either:
- First-party cookies. These cookies are issued from the website you have accessed and often serve to give memory about your data and preferences.
- Third-party cookies. These are stored by a different domain to the visited page’s domain.
Find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- To allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to sign in many times.
- To help us recognize you as a unique visitor (a number) when you return to the Website and to allow us to tailor content to match your preferred interests.
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use the Website and to help us improve the structure of the Website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Disabling or enabling cookies
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our Website if cookies are disabled.
As a data subject you have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. Below, we have described the various rights that you have, as well as how you can exercise them.
Right of Access
You may, at any time, request access to the personal data that we hold which relates to you (you may have heard of this right being described as a “subject access request”).
Please note that this right entitles you to receive a copy of the personal data that we hold about you in order to enable you to check that it is correct and to ensure that we are processing that personal data lawfully. It is not a right that allows you to request personal data about other people, or a right to request specific documents from us that do not relate to your personal data.
You can exercise this right at any time by writing to us using the contact details set out firstname.lastname@example.org and telling us that you are making a subject access request. You do not have to fill in a specific form to make this kind of request.
Your Right to Rectification and Erasure
You may, at any time, request that we correct personal data that we hold about you which you believe is incorrect or inaccurate. You may also ask us to erase personal data if you do not believe that we need to continue retaining it (you may have heard of this right described as the “right to be forgotten”).
Please note that we may ask you to verify any new data that you provide to us and may take our own steps to check that the new data you have supplied us with is right. Further, we are not always obliged to erase personal data when asked to do so; if for any reason we believe that we have a good legal reason to continue processing personal data that you ask us to erase we will tell you what that reason is at the time we respond to your request.
You can exercise this right at any time by writing to us at email@example.com and telling us that you are making a request to have your personal data rectified or erased and on what basis you are making that request. If you want us to replace inaccurate data with new data, you should tell us what that new data is. You do not have to fill in a specific form to make this kind of request.
Your Right to Restrict Processing
You may also ask us to stop processing your personal data: (a) if you dispute the accuracy of that personal data and want us verify that data’s accuracy; (b) where it has been established that our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where we no longer need to process your personal data (and would otherwise dispose of it) but you wish for us to continue storing it in order to enable you to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
Please note that if for any reason we believe that we have a good legal reason to continue processing personal data that you ask us to stop processing, we will tell you what that reason is, either at the time we first respond to your request or after we have had the opportunity to consider and investigate it.
You can exercise this right at any time by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and telling us that you are making a request to have us stop processing the relevant aspect of your personal data and describing which of the above conditions you believe is relevant to that request. You do not have to fill in a specific form to make this kind of request.
Your Right to Portability
Where you wish to transfer certain personal data that we hold about you, which is processed by automated means, to a third party you may write to us and ask us to provide it to you in a commonly used machine-readable format.
Because of the kind of work that we do and the systems that we use, we do not envisage this right being particularly relevant to the majority of individuals with whom we interact. However, if you wish to transfer your data from us to a third party we are happy to consider such requests.
Your Right to stop receiving communications
For details on your rights to ask us to stop sending you various kinds of communications, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your Right to object to automated decision making and profiling
You have the right to be informed about the existence of any automated decision making and profiling of your personal data, and where appropriate, be provided with meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing that affects you.
Exercising your rights
When you write to us making a request to exercise your rights we are entitled to ask you to prove that you are who you say you are. We may ask you to provide copies of relevant ID documents to help us to verify your identity.
It will help us to process your request if you clearly state which right you wish to exercise and, where relevant, why it is that you are exercising it. The clearer and more specific you can be the faster and more efficiently we can deal with your request. If you do not provide us with sufficient information then we may delay actioning your request until you have provided us with additional information (and where this is the case we will tell you).
For our contact details, click HERE.
VoitWorks is powered by Voit Real Estate Services, Inc. (CA BRE Lic. 01333376) with registered office address at 2020 Main Street, Suite 100, Irvine, California 92614, USA.